Friday, November 18, 2011

Bacon

Remember the commercial where the dog runs around the house and he is thinking 'Bacon, Bacon, Bacon'.  That's how I feel sometimes!  I love the stuff.

Baking it in the oven is now my rule.  I saw it on a Food Network show and haven't looked back.  It's way too easy and there is very little mess.  You just throw it on a wire rack over a baking sheet with rims to catch the grease, 375 for about 30 minutes.  Check it for doneness, some like it crispy and others not so much.

But wait, there's more!  My favorite thing is to cut the bacon slices into thirds, then toss them in a mixture of brown sugar and red pepper flakes.  Oh My Gosh.  It's like heaven in your mouth.

You take a bite and it's so sweet and then, it gets you on the back of your tongue.  Like wow, that's flavor.

Think of the possibilities.  It's a great snack.  Good crumbled on ice cream.  Yes, you know it is.  Throw some on a salad.  Or you could make sandwiches.

BLTs are a staple around here.  I usually throw some turkey on mine and a few onions.  I wonder when it stops being a blt and has to have another name?

Plus we've been making sliders recently, which are great for portion control!  If you haven't seen it yet, Rhodes has some warm and serve rolls that are terrific.  And the perfect size for sliders. 

Back to the Bacon.  The turkey offsets the sweet and spiciness of the candied bacon making this...the perfect sandwich.  You should try it very soon.  Yes, you should!

So Good!

Live, Laugh, Love!
Karen and Charlie


No comments:

Post a Comment